Thursday, May 6, 2010

seis de mayo #3

since the birth of my blog didn't happen until this year i'll go back a few years to fill you in on the significance of this day. first off i do realize that yesterday was cinco de mayo and no i didn't get my days wrong. this story began on may 6th, 2007 when 6 girls were ready to embark on a 7 day mexican voyage. before boarding the ship we checked in and while checking in i may or may not have let a few words slip out about my friends carrying something suspicious in their bags. needless to say these words to me were funny and said in fun but that didn't seem to matter. before we knew it 3 of us were sequestered to a large room with several security guards waiting for the long beach police. that's right the police when i say police i mean 10 long beach officers. to make a very long story short we received the third degree and were detained for a few hours. after a strict security search of all our possessions we were finally able to leave and they let us board the boat with no legal action. what more can i say except that bad decisions make good stories and this story is worth celebrating for years and years to come.lucky for me i was able to turn this into a celebration of my/our independence from the law. i celebrate by throwing an annual bomb burrito party and feed my friends who love me endlessly even after this unforgetable situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment