Friday, May 21, 2010

house of chicken & waffles

these chicken and waffles were not nearly as good as roscoe's but it was still good. it was a fun treat for me since we all know how much i love this crazy combo and with roscoe's so far away i'm on a journey to find a suitable substitute. the first thing that didn't compare was my drink. since they don't offer the eclipse i ordered the sunrise and it was too sour. the difference between the two drinks is that the sunrise only has orange juice and lemonade but the eclipse adds fruit punch to give it the perfect sweetness. the second thing that didn't measure up was the gravy as i felt it lacked flavor and it failed to add anything to the chicken. i did enjoy my mac n cheese. as for my chicken and waffle i was surprisingly satisfied which i don't remember being after my last visit at the house of chicken and waffles. i am sure i'll go back to help fill my craving but it's just not the same. my chicken breast had a nice crisp outside with a juicy inside. my waffle was good but it didn't come close to the tasty waffles at roscoe's. there is a special flavor or secret ingredient (crack i'm sure of it) in the batter at roscoe's that makes you crave it and makes all others fail in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment