Sunday, July 18, 2010

lamb liberation


in my continued quest of an empty freezer/fridge i decided to tackle the lamb i received from one of my favorite people at work. he knows i love to cook and he told me to try this but i've been scared. it was my fist attempt with lamb and he thought this pre-marinated lamb would be nice to ease my way in. i think i cooked it wrong since the pictures i've seen keep the rack of lamb together and i cut it apart before cooking. i'd like to think it was cooked 'different' and not 'wrong' but either way they turned out great and they cooked really fast in my convection oven. i also made pasta salad and besides the bell pepper and zucchini showed in my picture i also added basil and read onion. i was impressed with the ken's dressing i used and i'd definitely buy it again. i had originally bought it to make a pasta salad when the dressing was on sale but never got around to it until now. i also made cheesy basil french bread. oh this was so good and i'm for sure gonna make this again. i sprinkled some extra virgin olive oil on the bread, then added some fresh basil and topped it with mozzarella cheese so the cheese would keep the basil from falling off. over all i was satisfied with the meal but i'm still not sure i'm ready to take lamb head on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment