Thursday, June 10, 2010

thirty and feeling dirty

bang bang bang.. tap tap tap.. these are the noises i heard on my windows and door at 12 am this morning. i froze for a moment not understanding what was going on but once i got my butt up off the couch and stopped watching 13 going on 30 i went to the door. it was nine of my friends and they dressed me in a black cape, a fuzzy neck thing, a princess crown, a birthday headband and of course my pajamas and house shoes. i was in shock but laughing all the way as they whisked me away for a birthday midnight meal/breakfast at ihop. i ordered the ham and cheese breakfast sandwich on sourdough and french fries and they also brought me a birthday sunday. it was such a surprise and it was the best start to a birthday i've ever had.my office decorations that i didn't want to take down and my crazy fun polka dot balloons that i loved!!for lunch my friends at work took me to lunch. we went to mexico tipico in union city and i ordered the 3 item plate with a pork tamale, beef enchilada, chicken flautas and rice and bean. the place looks like a 2 story house but the food is good!! the salsa is hot so if you don't like hot ask for the mild salsa when they bring out the chips.alexis made an amazing red velvet birthday cake!! the perfect amount of moister with great flavor and topped with superb homemade chocolate frosting. the cake was a huge hit with everyone in the office. my only wish was to have a second piece but before i knew it there was nothing left.
wow that's a lot of candles!
alexis likes to spoil me (and i love it!), she also got me this fun gift. i've had my eye on her mom's for sometime now and she knew that it'd be the perfect gift for me. i absolutely love it and i can't wait to give it a try. i'm not even sure how you say what it is but they look amazing and she got me the cookbook too. they are basically pancake balls filled with chocolate, fruit, cheese and/or anything else you can think of. stay tuned for the posts to come now that i've got a fun new kitchen tool.
then off to five guys burger for dinner. it just opened in fremont and i have been waiting to hit it up for the past few weeks. the only time i've ever had it was in new york last year so i was really excited to hit it up again. the burger did not disappoint and it was as mouthwatering as i remember. thank you thank you thank to whoever brought this establishment to town!i can't say it enough but thank you to all my friends for making my BIG day a great one! i couldn't have asked for anything more. i was able to spend it with great friends plus the entire past 24 hours revolved around food, now that's what i'm talking about!! don't be jealous that my friends are better than yours hahahaha. seriously this was the best way to ring in the next decade.

2 comments:

  1. i crave everything you had on your birthday every day.
    ps. it was fun to spend all day with you on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean everything we had since we were together for 2 of these 3 places i dinned at. serioulsy.. i want it all again right now!

    ReplyDelete