Sunday, June 6, 2010

farewell sunday

today we gathered for dinner to say good bye to a few members in our family. my little sisters were headed down to la to visit my younger brother for a few days before flying home to florida. also my older brother and his wife are headed to pennsylvania for the next few months. we ate tri-tip kabobs, chicken kabobs, broccoli salad, pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. luckily i had an extra pair of hands in the kitchen cause the preparation for kabobs is very time consuming! my helping hands even made an amazing pasta salad with pesto sauce, sun dried tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, salami and artichokes. she made fresh pesto.. did you know that pesto is made with pine nuts? i sure didn't. unfortunately i hardly took any pictures of the food but here are the few i did happen to get. thanks to my helping hands with the prep work and also to my boy since diapers for manning the grill!!

2 comments:

  1. The best potatoe salad i have EVER had..oh HEAVENS! YUMMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so proud of that potato salad!!! even though i had to be talking into using the celery i loved every bite

    ReplyDelete