Tuesday, June 15, 2010

costco vs. coke

hands down the best way to spend just a buck fifty on a meal is at costco on a hot dog/polish dog and a coke. that is until now. ok not now as in today i mean now as in a few months back but for me it’s today since it hadn’t affected me until tonight. i ordered a hotdog and had to get a pepsi instead of a coke since costco no longer carries coke products. i faintly remember hearing about a price dispute between costco and coke last year. it had never re-entered my mind since i figured it was going to fizzle out once they reached a price agreement. little did i know that this would be a full out price war between costco and coke. i mean who would have thought coca-cola would be lame enough to let a contract with costco pass by? i would like to know who at coca-cola is responsible for this travesty and for that matter who assigned that person to be in charge of making such a lousy decision. how is it that you can produce such a delicious beverage but you are dumb enough to let your product be removed from the shelves of one of the nation’s largest wholesalers? i’m deeply disappointed in you coke and this is no longer just a public squabble, it has since moved into my backyard and is now personal, very personal! i love coke and as much as this pains me to say i’m on board with costco on this battle. i hope that you had a large profit loss these past few quarters and that the year ends on the same note. that’s right i said it, I hope you are unable to maintain your profit margins for the entire year. in my attempt to help stick it to the man (aka coke) i am swearing off the purchase and drinking of coke for the next two and a half months. hopefully sept. 1st will approach at light speed so my fast from coke will be over, until then... goodbye my love

4 comments:

  1. We are Pepsi drinkers in this family, and constant frequenters of the Costco lunch deal. But I do feel your pain, as hardly ANY places carry diet Dr. Pepper which is my one and only. Good luck with your fast... I'll be praying for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i'll need those prayers! i am not a fan of diet soda but dr. pepper sure hit the nail on the head with the closest replica to the original. ps did you get to try the chocolate cherry diet dr. pepper when it was out? i haven't ever seen it again so it must have been just a short release

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never even heard of that one! I'm sure Z has... but I gotta be honest... don't know if it'd hit the spot with me. But who knows??

    It definitely felt like someone was missing at the reception... I missed you terribly, my dear! And you do need to meet my main man. He's a bit of a quiet one, but I KNOW he'd warm up to you right quick :-)

    (currently listening to City and Colour on your playlist and I don't want to close the browser... I love this!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the heck. Utah still has coke at our costco.

    ReplyDelete