Saturday, October 16, 2010

ike's, anthony's & fog city

instead of waiting around for our sandwiches to be made we drove to anthony's cookies. i'm so glad we did because these cookies were off the hook! meaning that these cookies are the cookies that the other cookies are jealous of and that all wish to be. i would like to know what anthony does so right that the rest of us are not on board with but keep it up anthony, keep it up. they melted in my mouth even though they weren't fresh out of the oven. speaking of fresh out the oven.. i wonder if this is something i can make happen? if this is possible i'm totally on board. i ate 2 toffee cookies, a chocolate chip cookie and 1/2 a cookies-n-cream followed by a milk chaser. i loved the toffee cookies and didn't even want to try the other flavors cause i loved toffee so much. don't get me wrong i like other flavors but i was sold on toffee and wasn't interested in deviating from my plan. despite my better judgement i did. when i bit into that chocolate chip cookie and fell in love. at that moment i somehow wished that each cookie i'd previously eaten was chocolate chip instead of toffee. don't get me wrong i like chocolate chip cookies just fine but these were better than i could have imagined. D E L E C T A B L E

finally i made my way to ike's place for a sandwich and i can now cross it off my must try list. it had been taunting me for awhile now and i am so happy my wait is over. it took me way too long to settle on my sandwich choice but i am 100% satisfied with my decision, well i should say rocawear's decision. there were several sandwiches on my radar but rocawear stepped up and narrowed it down to two. that is right two. we each ordered the nacho boy (hot roast beef, avocado and swiss) on dutch crunch with jalapeno chips and then ordered a super luigi (beef meatballs, stuffed jalapeno poppers and marinara) to share.

before eating we zipped over to fog city diner to order fries and eat our sandwiches. not just any fries but the much talked about hand cut truffled french fries topped with asiago cheese. seriously, could this day get any better? the fries were good but sadly they weren't great. the flavor was there but they could have used a few extra minutes of cooking to make them crisper. alos, the manager at fog city came out and told us we couldn't eat our sandwiches inside the restaurant because of health code violations. FALSE. he just didn't like the fact that we were eating ike's and didn't bring him any. i ended up waiting until i got home to eat my sandwich but every bite was well worth the wait!!

thanks rocawear for introducing me to new flavors today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment