Wednesday, June 13, 2012

lucca in tavola

spent a delightful afternoon in piza at the leaning tower but after witnessing the pick pocketers we decided to be on our way.  we hopped on a bus and spent the remainder of our time on the quaint and quiet streets in lucca.  we stumbled across this cute place called lucca in tavola and thought we'd give it a go. when the waitress came to take my order she didn't speak much english but i could tell she was confused by me and the ordering of two dishes for one girl.  i assured her by rubbing my belly that i was hungry and she smiled back and went on her way.  the funny thing was when the food came out she still gave me a look wanting confirmation that she had my order right.. yes i assure you put the plates down and leave me to eat in peace.

meat lasagna
lasagna was one of my favorite foods growing up so it was nice to experience a few plates of real italian lasagna.  i know i'll get some flack for this but i have to admit that i prefer the recipe my mother used to make, it's less rich and i can eat loads and loads of it.

margarita pizza with arugula - i would like to eat this once a week, that's how much i love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment