Friday, June 8, 2012

adana kebab

ayran is a yogurt drink popular in turkey, it consists of yogurt mixed with cold water and salt.  sound disgusting? ya that's because it is disgusting.  lets break it down like this, why would anyone take a of watered down yogurt or i'd describe it as slightly salty water with a few spoonfuls of yogurt mixed in.
this is my adana kebab, it is named after the fifth largest city of turkey.  it's a long, hand-minced meat kebab mounted on a wide iron skewer and grilled on an open grill filled with burning charcoal.  this dish was recommended to me as a turkish specialty and the picture on the menu lead me to believe it was a good choice.  my taste buds said otherwise and i was disappointed my my decision to deviate from the standard kebab.  this was basically a spicy meatball rolled and stretched. sad thing is that even after looking this dish up online i'm still uncertain what type of meat was used.  my advice is to not try ayran or this mystery meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment