Sunday, April 17, 2011

king's bakery

#52 coconut buns from king's bakery

CHECK

i was headed into the city for dinner at the tiny dancers house and thought it would be fun to check another thing off the list.  this seemed fast and easy so i went for it and i'm super glad i did.  the buns were light, fluffy, flavorful and amazing!!  when i first saw them i was a little worried that i was loading my tray with the wrong item, even after i asked the man behind the counter who assured me with a weird grunt that they were what i was looking for.  the sesame seeds were totally throwing me off but i bought twenty anyways and went on my way.  if i had known then how good they were i would not have waited until later to taste one.

i'm sure this picture looks appetizing but it's hard to tell from this plain jane picture how taste worthy this treat is.  let me help put this into perspective.  think king's hawaiian rolls (but fresher) then add a buttery coconut flavored center.  are you with me?  or are you on your way to san francisco to get one?

i hope that helped a little bit to understand what this picture is trying to show.  can you see the coconut center?

1 comment:

  1. Ok those look AMAZING. I want one now... :) PS lunch today was fun! I need to find more excuses to travel to the Hayward office :)

    ReplyDelete