Saturday, January 22, 2011

smooth as butter


liz, brenda, tammy, strawberry shortcake and myself hit up a spot called butter tonight.  thank you groupon for introducing us and thank you brenda for finding the deal!!


a massive amount of tater tots, mozzarella sticks, mini corn dogs, chicken nuggets & jalapeño poppers


deep fried mac and cheese


chili cheese tots


deep fried twinkie, deep fried pb&j


i'm not going to lie the food was good but with everything fried we sat on the bar stools like a ton of bricks after inhaling all this food.  i think if i ever go back i will make it a snack instead of a complete meal.  in fact while sitting i found myself staring off and on at one of the workers for about an hour.  finally i leaned over to liz and told her that it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how or where i knew this kid from.  finally he came close enough for me to talk to.  i asked him where he worked at before butter, puzzled and still not able to place him i kept staring, almost immediately he responded with the statement that he was on mtv's true life.  now those words might not mean much to many people i know but for me it was like music to my ears.  in that very instant of him saying those small words it came flooding back to my memory.  true life is a show on mtv that i do not normally watch but i will admit i've seen a several episodes in  my day.  i tend to watch the more drama driven shows on mtv but once in awhile true life will have a topic i tune in for.  his specific episode is called true life - i hate my tattoos.  i actually watched this show at least a year prior to meeting larry because of the title and the fact that i was then in the market to get a tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment