Thursday, August 18, 2011

throwback thursday - shai

sorry i don't have it in me to split up these songs from one anther, for this months throwback i pick a group from back in the day and my two favorite songs by this boy group.
there was once a point in my young life that i thought the perfect love song could make boys and girls fall in love.  little did i know that this was only the case in movies and music videos.  i honestly have no clue at what point in time this came to be part of my thinking but i can tell you the point when my delusional reality came crashing down.
it was sometime during my seventh grade year when both my bff and i developed a crush on the same boy.  he was tall dark and handsome and he shall remain nameless.  his grandparents lived at the end of our court and my friend and i used to sing and dance in our friend yards but when a certain someone was in town visiting we would only sing love songs.  i thought for sure he'd fall in love with one of us and that one of us would at least have a happily ever after with him.  i remember these two songs specifically (i had the tape and played these jams all the time) along with whitney's i will always love you in our love song rotations.  well, the love didn't blossom as quickly as we'd expected and to add to the mess of no love i met his cousin and quickly switched my undying affection to him.  needless to say we did not fall in love and i moved away.  i do have to share with you all that few years later my bff did indeed end up dating the aforementioned boy.  it has never been confirmed but i like to attributed to our amazing vocal skills or love song selection but no they did not end up happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment