Friday, June 10, 2011

straw

for my birthday dinner this year i decided to go with a new spot in sf called straw.

naturally i had to order this dish since chicken and waffles is one of my all time favorite meals.  as you can see in the picture this was anything but my standard chicken and waffles plate.  straw's spin on a monte cristo: fried chicken and swiss cheese sandwiched between belgian waffles and smothered in raspberry jam.  'wow' is the best word that comes to mind as i describe the party that was happening in my mouth with each bite.  i have just been introduced to a meal i never knew i was missing in my life until now.  did i mention yet that the tots are sweet potato tater tots served with bbq sauce?  HOLLA!!

so i'm not a photographer and this picture really showcases that fact.  so trust me when i say despite this awful picture you must go to straw and try the ring master!!  this burger showcases just how fun and outside the box straw truly is, it's a burger served on a house-glazed doughnut with cheddar cheese.  i am certain some of you just shuttered and are currently thinking how disgusting that sounds but let me tell you that you are indeed wrong.  i guess a few of you may not be a fan of salty and sweet but as for me i am a fan.  in fact i'm a HUGE fan when salty and sweet are united as one and this burger is a perfect example of why you should not turn your nose up and be closed off to something strange or different when it comes to food.

yes i realize that i just ate an entire meal (the monte cristo) and a half (split the ringmaster burger with peter) but it's my birthday and of course ordered dessert.

this is my root beer float, simple enough right?  well of course it's got some flare at straw so they serve it inside out with root beer flavored gelato with a cream soda... loved it!

a BIG thank you to straw for twisting things up and doing what you do and for sharing all of that with the me.

No comments:

Post a Comment