Sunday, August 22, 2010

headed for the bright lights


this weekend punky, liz, the main asian and i went to la to say farewell to our friend who is moving to the bright lights of new york. the girls drove down friday but since i had a concert i flew in early saturday. they picked me up at the long beach airport then we were off to new port beach to play. we shopped and ate lunch at ruby's diner where i ordered the cobb kobe burger with no cheese or tomatoes and a chocolate banana peanut butter milkshake. the food was either really good or i was much hungrier than i thought. my favorite part was the milkshake which was all that i hoped it would be. after lunch we went shoe shopping at a hecka sketchy place then headed to the beach to soak up some sun. at the beach we met up with a friend who was visiting from out of town as well whom i hadn't seen for about five years. it was so fun to see him and catch up. after a few hours of basking in the sun, peeing in the freezing cold ocean, chatting with friends and nearly getting pummeled by the waves i was ready for a lazy night chillin in front of a bonfire. punky and the main asian picked up mexican food for dinner and i chose a california burrito. it was filled with carne asada, french fries and all the fixings. it tasted fine but it didn't satisfy my need for carne asada french fries but it did fill my belly. we finished the night at a farewell bonfire with her friends. sunday morning we were able to meet up with my little brother for breakfast at mimi's cafe. it's always a great day when i get to see my little brother so it was so fun to start my day with a short visit before our drive home. during one of our pit stops off the 5 for gas i spotted a taco truck and quickly decided it was time for dinner. i ordered a chili verde plate to go and it was well worth my few moments spent stretching my legs to wait for my dish. it was a little tricky eating in the car without spilling but it sure was delicious. wish i knew where to tell you it was beisdes somewhere off the 5 between l.a. and san jose but i sure didn't pay any attention.

this picture is of the long beach airport, my meal at ruby's and my meal from the taco truck.

2 comments:

  1. That does not look even a little bit appetizing, but I know it was delicious. Maybe Sheila and I will open our own groch coach someday and make a million dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please do!! i would be a frequent customer for sure.. bring on the second dinner

    ReplyDelete