Thursday, November 28, 2013

my thanksgiving at katz's

you may have heard of katz's from the movie when harry met sally

here's a picture of my delectable thanksgiving lunch with brenda in NYC.  sadly i didn't care for the pickles much but to say i thoroughly enjoyed my pastrami sandwich would be an understatement.  hands down the best pastrami i've ever tasted.  the meat was tender, juicy and packed full of flavor.  also pictured is my bowl of split pea soup which was lacking a little pzazz.  i ordered the soup to warm me up and of course because i love split pea soup but it didn't quite hit the spot like i was hoping it would.  the soup did it's job of warming me up but the excitement quickly vanished as the flavor somehow missed the mark.  the texture and aroma were promising but in the end i'd grade the soup as just above average.  although while i'm writing this i can't help but think that the high standard set by the pastrami could have helped with my disappointment.  so maybe you shouldn't take my word on this dish as i may be judging too harshly.


No comments:

Post a Comment