Monday, May 2, 2011

i feel the need, the need for speed

can you believe it's been 25 years since they released top gun?  i don't remember the very first time i watched it but i can tell you in the summer of 1991 while visiting family in alaska i watched this movie nearly everyday for four weeks.  the only reason my top gun streak stopped was because my cousin and brothers hid the vhs tape from me.  tonight with a group of friends we went to AMC in san jose where we watched top gun on the big screen to celebrate the 25th anniversary.  people were singing and quoting right along with the movie and it was hilarious to hear some of the lines that were used.

iceman: you two really are cowboys.
maverick: what's your problem, kazanski?
iceman: you're every one's problem. that's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. i don't like you because you're dangerous.
maverick: that's right! ice-man, i am dangerous.

carole: hey, goose, you big stud!
goose: that's me, honey.
carole: take me to bed or lose me forever.
goose: show me the way home, honey.

for the record tom cruise you are a really sloppy and bad kisser, for real watching the kissing scenes on the big screen will make you want to puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment